Happymess is a State of Mine

Gah! Has it really been almost 2 weeks since I've posted?

Geesh. Sorry folks. I'm not sick, depressed, in prison or off on a top-secret mission in the jungles of some unnamed uncharted island fighting power hungry sinister villains bent on world domination. And vacation is over, so what could possibly be my excuse this time?

Perhaps it's the shock & awe of returning to the Real World. You know, the one where you have to wake-up to an alarm, wear something else besides flip-flops and a bathing suit, actually cook your own meals (with or without help), make your kids do their chores, put on your happy face (aka mask, make-up, camouflage or war-paint), clock-in and actually do some work so you can get paid?

This is, of course, the antithesis to the universally popular world of Dreamville otherwise referred to as The Vacation World. Sigh.

It was - how shall I say this? FANFREAKINGTASTIC. AMAFREAKINGZING. As well as AWEFREAKINGSOME. Just to throw out a few adjectives.

No really, it was just that nice. Here are pictures to prove it:


Ocean water as it should be.
Pensacola, Florida



Beach sand as it should be.
Pensacola, Florida



Good Lord Lawrence, that is beautiful!
Pensacola, Florida




I spy with my little eye gorgeous white sand, empty beaches
and beautiful blue water.
Pensacola, Florida!
Dang. You guessed it.



Ahhh.


It warms the cockles of me heart and truthfully I'm a little teary-eyed just looking at them....


Oh, you want to see pictures of us there? What, you don't believe me??? Okay, here is your evidence oh doubting Thomasessesess...



The day of our arrival, road weary but happy to Arrive Alive.
(Florida's ad campaign to buckle-up)
We made it!



Elena & her cousin Gina ready for a day at the beach. Literally.




Jesse & the girls.


Here is evidence that even my son had fun. Um, sort of.



Sort of because in this picture (look on top of our vehicle) he was bound and determined to "NOT have any fun! NOT going in the water or near that yucky sand!"


Yeah, that lasted all of five minutes....

Sand fight!!!
(I started it and dang! it were fun! I am SOOOO mature.)



J. Cool, posing all gangstariffic in his Sponge Bob swim-trunks.
He is sooooo dreamy.


Stop yer yic-yacking, I can hear you. I was too there. Who do you think took all of these lovely photographs??? Again with the doubting? Okay, okay...


HERE is your proof. One very white foot. In very white sand.
That is all you're getting folks.

There are things we didn't get pictures of...like all the road trip drama and laughter and hotel high-jinks.

Okay, no, there weren't really any hotel high-jinks...unless you count Jesse unplugging the elliptical machine in the hotel gym while some lady - who, if looks could kill, Jesse would be buried next to Eddie in the Florida sand, only much deeper and without any way for him to breathe - was trying to get her workout on...he was so embarrassed.

What? It was just a suggestion and he didn't have to listen to me! I just thought maybe it would help the treadmill start back up since the computer on the dang thing was frozen and he couldn't get it to do anything. What do I know??? Geesh.

Other than that it was completely mindless, effortless, work-free, exhausting, ended way too soon fun-filled vacation. We came, we got burnt and we went home with more sand than should be legally allowed. Good thing they don't charge you by the pound for that...trust you me, we took home half a beach and it was in everything and everywhere...Like Elena said, "Mom, I went to pull my bathing suit off and a sand dune fell out."

She's so cute.

6 comments:

  1. Well, at least it's a relaxed looking foot :-)
    Glad you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***strangled gurgling***

    sometimes my need for the ocean and sand sort of suffocates me.

    I'm glad you had such a lovely vacation! I hope the warm memories nourish you through the tough re-entry into reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures Dana, partly because of the weather they portray, largely because of the happiness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for a wee meme dana, get you blogging again girl!! See my blog for details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to go to the beach!!! yall looked like you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

and remember, words are my love language...