Let's Meme, Shall We?

I was tagged quite some time ago by two dear friends and I've dragged my feet in responding. Sorry!

The first meme is from miss Sharon. She is a fellow blogger, a co-worker (not for long) and one of the best dang friends I will ever have. Sniff.

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?
Yes! Because, I love them all!

2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it…
Think. Ink. Drink. (You have to have coffee!)

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…
This is a most unfair question. I mean, how to pick one? There are so many good books. I am not answering. Well, I answered, but not really.

4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be...
Alive. I couldn't have lunch with a dead person sitting there! Ew.
Okay, seriously Stephen King – the man is scary genius. Or Maya Angelou. I love her poetry. I would like to have lunch with Sharon Ziegler as well. She is a new author that I think everyone should read.

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except from the SAS survival guide, it would be…
what the heck is the SAS survival guide?
Okay, the complete works of William Shakespeare? Or maybe The whole set of The Chronicles of Narnia? Oh, well, does this include my bible? Because I have to have that as well.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…?
If I could tell you I would try to invent it.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…
My childhood. I had lots of old books and I read them over and over again. Books were the friends in a lonely girls life...

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…
I don't want to be anyone else. When I read or see characters I admire, I think 'those are admirable traits' I would like to be more like that. However I don't want to be them. Also, I don't really want to be the lead character, one of the side kicks I most admire is Samwsie Gamgee. What a loyal and steadfast friend.

9. The most overestimated book of all time is…
This one is way too easy for me. “Your Best Life Now” ugh.

10. I hate it when a book…
Is predictable. Yawn. Or when someone uses 200 words where 20 would have sufficed. I mean they go on and on and on, and you are like - dude I get the point already and then you flip through the pages trying to get past...



This next meme is from Jessica. She is a fellow blogger, a friend and co-worker and one of the sweetest and prettiest girls I know!

1. Who is your man?
He is the father of my children, he is strong, he is love, he is my strength, he is confidence and he is humility. He smells like autumn and when he hugs me I feel safe and at home.

2. How long have you been together?
15 ½ years.

3. How long did you date?
2 years. Well, seriously we dated about 4 months and then we moved in together (before we knew Jesus people).

4. How old is your man?
50 (shut up! right?)

5. Who eats more?
Just think about that one. Actually it is him. It is so unfair.

6. Who said "I love you" first?
Don’t remember. Sad huh? But we both say it several times a day now. Even when we are mad, we say IAN. Which is our little code for I Always love you No matter what. (The other letters didn't fit...)

7. Who is taller?
He is by like 1/8th of an inch. But don't say anything, pretend not to notice because he is pretty sensitive about that... :)

8. Who sings better?
Me, but not by much.

9. Who is smarter?
Duh.

10. Whose temper is worse?
What is that supposed to mean?? Mine.

11. Who does the laundry?
Both of us. Actually, all four of us.

12. Who takes out the garbage?
The kids. But he did when they were little...

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
He does. Always has. What does that say about us?

14. Who pays the bills?
We both do.

15. Who is better with the computer?
Me!

16. Who mows the lawn?
Him! And the kids. I plant stuff.

17. Who cooks dinner?
Both. He mostly grills. But he does make one heck of a bowl of cereal!

18. Who drives when you are together?
Do you NOT read my blog?

19. Who pays when you go out?
Does that matter? He is the one who pulls out the card or cash, but it is OUR money.

20. Who is most stubborn?
Actually, we both are stubborn, so I wouldn’t know…we are both still working on the whole compromise thing.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?
Me.

22. Whose parents do you see the most?
It was his mom when she lived with us, now it’s about the same.

23. Who kissed who first?
He kissed me. It was crazy...

24. Who asked who out?
Gosh… I offered to buy him a beer, does that count? But we were already friends because we knew each other through his sister Candie who has been my friend forever. So we were already hanging out together.

25. Who proposed?
No one. We were living together (before we knew Jesus people!) and we both thought it was the next step to take.

26. Who is more sensitive?
Oh yeah, him. He cries at the movies and he...Okay, not really. It's me.

27. Who has more friends?
Him, hands down.

28. Who has more siblings?
Again, Jesse by a long shot! 13 to 2.

29. Who wears the pants in the family?
That's a weird question these days. I mean if you are being literal, we both do...But if you are asking who is the man in the family, which is what that used to mean, of course he is. And of course I love it. I hate that people think Christian men are misogynistic and macho if they are the head of the house. I am in no way a welcome mat or a meek little wife who just does what I am told. I have a voice, an opinion and he asks and loves to hear both.

We cannot end on an odd number...Why would you end here? I will make one up..

30. What do you love about your man?
I love that he can make me laugh, even when I am mad. I love that he loves me even when I am mad. I love that he is honest, faithful and steady. I love that he worries about providing. I love that he is not perfect. But he wants to be the best husband and father. I love that he is passionate about life, his kids, his home, his family and of course Jesus.

Thank you for reading. I am tagging no one.

6 comments:

  1. It's about time! :)

    (and i CANNOT believe your man's age! are you lying?! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    I know...
    Well, you caught me. He isn't 50...yet. He turns 50 December 19th. But I've been saying he's 50 since he was 46. So, it's habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT UP! Okay...I am in shock as well! 50?? Your man looks like he is 30 something! Anyway, love your bookstore name, is sharon leaving, and yes, i too hate predictable books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle!
    How are you girl? How's that baby cooking?
    Yes, Jesse turns 50 very soon. I think it's funny how everyone says "no way, he looks 30 -35" and when they find out I'm 41 they say, "no way, you look 30 or 35" why does he get 15 to 20 years grace and I only get 5 or 10??? :)
    Thank you, when I open the bookstore I will let you know...
    Yes, Sharon is leaving us after 10 years. She got an offer she couldn't refuse. I will miss her terribly, but I am so happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for not tagging and now i have enough memes for the month of november.

    please refer to #6 in the CDB hymnal!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,
    I figured I would leave it open for whoever wanted to do it...I know November is also the novel writing month, so everyone is busy typing away...

    #6 back at you!

    ReplyDelete

and remember, words are my love language...