Dear Blog,

It's been a while hasn't it? I know, I miss you as well. I'm sorry I've let other so many things come between us, I haven't wanted to be apart this long. I've thought of you often I really have. Several times a day I've wanted to talk to you and tell you what's going on in my life but the words just didn't seem to be there. Like a bowl of alphabet soup, nothing seemed to make sense, no words would form.

I wonder if you wish I was better at this. I read other blogs and think, does my blog long for that in our relationship? We don't have a theme or a purpose, we are quite simple and plain. Do you wish I would lipstick you up a bit with some photography like TLLT? I must admit, I am so very fascinated with that blog that I wonder if you are jealous. She does have such an imagination. Painting a short story with both words and pictures that are eerie and beautiful all at once. Or perhaps you long for me to fatten you, tantalizing your taste buds with the deliciousness of Smitten Kitchen? I know you've noticed how often I visit her blog, returning to you hungry and determined to don an apron and take up the whisk and become a better cook. Food is a unifying link with the world and blogging like that would make you "Oh So Popular". Music! You would love if I had music of all kind so you could listen to your ear's content like FuelFriends. I could load you up with great tunes you love and yet forgotten, or play bands you've never heard of but so glad you found them when you did. I don't know, I just don't know. There are so many out there that seem to communicate with their blogs better than I ever could with you. Some that talk about the books they've read, the places they go, their children's adventures and their venture to have a child. I love and admire them all so much. So I ask is it wrong to long to be just a little more like them? Sigh. Yet, somehow I think that is too much to have to live up to. I think you and I are happy with things just the way they are. You know the grass is always greener and all those cliches'.
Yes, it has been good talking to you again...we must do this more often. I will go for now, leaving you with this -

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. W.H. Auden

No comments:

Post a Comment

and remember, words are my love language...